MenGrills is a unique outdoor pressure cooker that allows you to cook a lot of food without a lot of work, cooks food fast and keeps in all the flavors and nutrients. Make healthy, delicious meals in a fraction of the time.
MenGrills is a small e-biz company located in Minnesota, a state known for the great outdoors. Our company was born with a mission to make it easy for people to enjoy the outdoors while cooking. Outdoor cooking should be enjoyable, not a chore. Our philosophy is to be one with our customers and share our love for unique methods of cooking.
WHAT IS MENGRILLS PRESSURE COOKER
MenGrills pressure cooker is popular not only in its homeland, but also beyond its borders. This type of cookware is successful both in homes and in natural areas. MenGrills Camping Pots are produced in Afghanistan and have traveled over 8000 miles to come to the USA! They are virtually indestructible, made from a thick aluminum alloy, ensuring long-lasting performance allowing for faster cooking and greater durability. All components are factory-installed and built to last. Their compact and lightweight design makes them easy to use, transport and store. In such dishes, even the toughest meat is cooked in literally 15 minutes. Learn more.
WHERE TO USE
MenGrills Camp cooker can be used on any heat source - coals, camp stove, propane stove, charcoal or gas grill, stove top, etc. This is used by fishermen, hunters, workers in the fields, mountains, picnic lovers in the woods or in summer cottages.
PRINCIPLE OF COOKING
A MenGrills pressure cooker greatly decreasing the normal cooking time if using a regular pot. It is sealed with an airtight lid which allows pressure to build up inside the pot. There are loops on the sides of the pan. They fix the handle from the edges. In the center, a screw clamp is lowered onto the lid. Thanks to it, complete tightness is achieved. To open such a construction can only be done with some effort. However, there is no special need to do this in the cooking process. When all the products are in place, the pressure cooker can be taken by the handle and rotated around its axis, shaken in different directions - the ingredients will mix perfectly. A seal prevents the steam from escaping, thus requiring less liquid to cook your food, shortening the cooking time without loss of valuable nutrients and flavor.
For Canada only! If you interested in buying Afghan pressure cooker in Canada please purchase from our friends at https://wildcoasttents.com
PRODUCT USE AND COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
A MenGrills Camping pot is a special cooker, similar to a pressure cooker in principle, greatly decreasing the normal cooking time as in using a regular pot. It is sealed with an airtight lid which allows pressure to build up inside the pot. A seal prevents the steam from escaping, thus requiring less liquid to cook your food, shortening the cooking time without loss of valuable nutrients and flavor.
Prior to First Use: Click here to watch the video.
1. Boil 1/2 gallon of water in the pot for 5-7 minutes. Drain the water and rinse thoroughly.
2. Pour 4 oz. vegetable oil into the pot, chop a large onion, attach the lid and fry the contents for 5 minutes.
3. Shake the pot on the ground at a 30 degree angle so that the heated oil is distributed evenly on the walls of the cooker.
4. Drain the oil and remaining onions. Your MenGrills Camping pot is now ready for cooking your first meal!
Using your MenGrills Camping pot:
1. Fill your Camping pot with your choice of meat and vegetables 2/3 full, leaving 1/3 of the space remaining in order for it to develop steam when cooking. It is very important to allow 1/3 of the space so that food particles will not clog the exhaust valves. It is not recommended to tighten the locking screw handle to the limit. It is enough to press the lid slightly on it to direct the steam into the special holes and prevent leakage around the perimeter.
2. Place pot on the heat source only after all ingredients have been placed in the pot and the lid has been properly secured. Your heat source can be coals, camp stove, propane stove, charcoal or gas grill, stove top, etc.
3. Cooking time averages between 30-90 minutes, depending upon the recipe and your heat source.
4. Never attempt to use the cook pot without the pressure release valves properly attached to the lid.
5. ALWAYS use the automatic release pressure valves to release the steam and relieve pressure inside the pot. Before you open the lid during cooking and upon completion, you must remove the container from the fire for 1-2 minutes. This can only be performed after the steam has calmed down and will no longer exit the valves.
6. ALWAYS wait until all the steam has been discharged from the pressure release valves before attempting to remove the lid. If you want to open the lid, remove it from the heat source, and wait a few minutes until the steam stops coming out of the drain valves before opening it.
7. MenGrills pressure cookers are equipped with an emergency valve. If the pressure inside the pot becomes too high, the valve will automatically remove excess steam. If the steam gets too much, it is better to raise the emergency valve or allow pressure cooker to cool, reduce heat, then you can continue cooking again. Reduce the fire immediately after boiling.
8. IMPORTANT!! Do not leave intense heat for a long time. It is better to reduce open fire during cooking; you can periodically remove half a minute from charcoal. As soon as the steam begins to escape from the vent, reduce the heating temperature! The steam jet should not be very intense. Then either reduce the heat to a minimum (if cooking on a gas stove) or rearrange the pressure cooker on fine coals (if cooking on a fire).
9. Do not place the Camping pot in cold water as a way to cool it down.Cleaning your MenGrills Camping pot:Wash your Camping pot thoroughly with hot water along with a small amount of dishwashing liquid, and a scratch-free cleaning pad if desired. The only rule is to use a soft cloth or sponge. Valves are also rinsed after each use.
If, over time, your Camping pot has darkened inside, boil 3 glasses of a water together with the juice of 1-2 lemons in it.
Q. How can I use MenGrills pressure cooker?
A. MenGrills pressure cooker can be used in many ways:
Like a pot.
Without a lid, mixing food with water, on fire or charcoal.
As a pan for frying and stewing. Pour oil into the bottom after warming up, with or without a lid, over high heat.
Like a pressure cooker. With a tightly screwed lid over medium heat, with the addition of water or in your own juice.
In addition, you can combine several methods in one dish. For example, first fry the onions and meat, add spices, add water, toss the vegetables and bring to cook under a lid over low heat.
Q. Can I use the Camp Pot on an open fire?
A. Yes. The pot can be used on open wood fire. The pot is all durable, thick metal and can be set directly on the flame and coals.
Q. Does the Camp Pot work at high altitude?
A. Yes, the pot works great at higher altitudes where the boiling point is lower. The pressure raises the boiling point higher than normal cooking methods and prevents undercooking.
Q. Will I be able to stir the food in the pot?
A. Yes and No, once the lid is sealed and the pot is placed on a heat source, the lid cannot be removed. You can however remove the pot from the heat source and roll the pot around to stir and mix the food. If you’d like to see the pot in action: check out our video.
Q. Can I convert my favorite conventional recipes for use in a pressure cooker?
A. Yes. The easiest way to convert a recipe is to find a pressure cooker recipe that is similar. If that is not possible, a good rule of thumb to follow is to decrease the cooking time of your recipe by two thirds. For example, if your ordinary cooking method requires 45 minutes, the pressure cooker cooking time will be approximately 15 minutes. Remember to document your results so you can perfect your timing. Because there is very little evaporation in a pressure cooker, the amount of liquid should also be reduced. Generally, use about 1 cup more than you’ll desire in the finished dish. Remember, however, that there must always be some liquid in the pressure cooker to form the necessary steam.
Q. Can cooking liquids other than water be used in a pressure cooker?
A. Yes. Wine, beer, bouillon, and fruit or vegetable juices all make excellent cooking liquids in a pressure cooker. You’re only limited by your imagination!
Q. Will flavors blend together if I cook several foods at the same time in the pressure cooker?
A. Flavors of foods are blended when they are cooked in the same liquid.
Q. Can I use my pressure cooker on all types of ranges?
A. Yes, our pressure cookers will work on gas, electric coil, campfire and ceramic glass ranges.
Q. What do I do if the food is not completely done after the recommended cooking time?
A. Simply bring the pressure cooker back up to pressure and cook the food for little longer.
Q. Is it necessary to brown meat and poultry before pressure cooking?
A. No, however, browning adds a rich, robust flavor to a recipe. It is recommended in many instances to enhance the flavor, but it is not necessary if time is short.
Q. How many people you need to feed?
A. If you will typically cook meals for 2-3-4 people, a 4.8 -7 or 9 quart size pressure cooker should be perfect. If you have a larger family or you like to prepare large roasts or batch cook, you should consider purchasing larger sizes. See chart model/size below.